This article describes how a teacher can generate a login backup code for a student who has forgotten their Clever password.
A login backup code allows a student to access their Clever Portal without knowing their password.
Generating the Backup Code
To generate a student backup code from your Clever Portal:
- On the right side of your Clever Portal, click Help a Student:
- Select the student you wish to help from the drop-down menu:
- You see a six-digit backup code that you can pass along securely to your student. This code will expire in 20 minutes. Learn how a student can use this backup code to access Clever below.
How a Student Uses the Backup Code
Once a student has their login backup code, they can:
- Go to your district's Clever Portal login page.
- Click the Get help signing in! link, and then click Log in with a Backup Code.
- Enter their login backup code on the next screen, and click Log in. This logs them into their Clever account!
For additional information, refer to the Clever support site page regarding helping a student log in.