This article describes how to schedule a classroom (item bank) assessment that you or someone else created.
Step 1: Locate the Assessment
To locate the assessment from the main dashboard:
- Under the Assessment drop-down on the top menu bar, click the Classroom option. The Search for Assessments page appears and the following filters are available:
- Set the filters:
- Type: Classroom (required)
- Subject (required)
- Core (optional)
- Title (optional)
- Click Search.
All assessments with that search criteria appear at the bottom of the page.
Step 2: Filter by Author (optional)
Choose the author of the assessment from the drop-down to narrow the list of matching assessments.
Step 3: Edit the Assessment (optional)
(If you would like to schedule the assessment with no changes, proceed to Step 5, below).
Note: If you choose to make any changes you will be prompted to rename the assessment and you will become the author of the “new” assessment.
To edit an assessment:
- Click the edit icon to the right of the assessment.
- Make the desired changes and click the blue Save Changes button at the bottom of the page.
- You will be prompted to save a copy. A new title is suggested. You can use the suggested one or change it to a new title of your choice.
- Click the blue SAVE button.
- Return to Steps 2 and 3 to locate your new/edited assessment.
Step 4: Schedule the Assessment
To schedule an assessment:
- Click the Create New Schedule icon.
- In the "Assessments" section, select from the drop-down menus to find the assessment again. Click the + next to the assessment so that it appears in a "Selected Assessment" section.
- If there is more than one district available, click the + next to one or more districts so that they appear in a "Selected Districts" section.
- If there is more than one school available, click the + next to one or more schools so that it appears in a "Selected Schools" section.
- Scroll to the middle of the page where the "Classrooms/Students" section is located. Select a School (required) and other options from the drop-down menus. Possible recipients are listed.
- Click the + next to a class or classes to receive the assessment schedule. (Note: Teachers can only select their own classes.)
- To select only specific students from the scheduled class’s roster to take the assessment, click the Limit to Specific Students icon . Place a check mark next to each student’s name. Then click Close.
Note This column is read-only. To make changes to a student's text-to-speech status, an administrator may edit the student's user account. See Text-to-Speech Functionality for more information.
Step 5: Set the Testing Window
To specify when the assessment is available to students:
- Add a Start Date and Start Time, as well as an ending date and time.
- Click Save Changes.
Note: The "Start Time" and "End Time" control daily visibility to students while the test window is open. The assessment appears on student dashboards after the "Start Time" each day and disappears each day at the "End Time". (An assessment in progress is not terminated at the End Time.)
The students are now ready to test. Please refer to the Student Experience article for more information.