This article explains how a teacher can use enCASE to grade student answers to constructed response items in classroom or CASE assessments.
Step 1: Request a Report
- Click Reports on the top menu and choose Assessment Reports.
- Use the filters to locate the assessment that includes the constructed response item(s). (If you are unsure how to find your assessment, refer to Reports Overview.)
Step 2: Print Student Responses (optional)
- Click the Printer icon to the right of the assessment name and class you are grading (see yellow highlight, below).
- Follow your printer’s instructions.
Step 3: Input the Grades
- Click the View Sessions icon (blue single man icon to the right of the assessment name and class you are grading - see red underline, below).
The students’ results are displayed.
- To the right of any a student you wish to grade, click Session Reports and choose CR Scoring.
The passage and the student’s response are displayed.
- Input the student’s score in the box.
- Click “Update Scores” at the top right of the page.
- To score another student, click the blue list icon next to the student name and choose the next student.
- Once all grades have been input, click the enCASE icon in the top left corner of the screen to go back to the dashboard home page.